MP4 | Video: h264, 1280×720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz
Language: English | Size: 1.31 GB | Duration: 3h 57m
How to configure Squid Proxy Server, Filter Web Traffic, Authentication and Transparent Proxy
What you’ll learn
How to configure Squid Proxy Server and setup clients
How to use Access Control Lists (ACLs)
How to control access on basis of source IP addresses, destination domains, words, day and time, MAC addresses etc.
How to configure Squid Authentication
How to setup Transparent Proxy
How to setup squid proxy server lab
Basic Linux Knowledge
Squid proxy server is used for internet sharing. It is one of the most widely used, very robust and powerful server. It also provides access control (ACLs) and caching. It improves response time and reduces bandwidth usage.
* Squid Proxy Server Introduction
* How to configure Squid Proxy Server and setup clients
* How to use Access Control Lists (ACLs). Different types of acls
* How to control access on basis of source IP addresses, destination domains, words, day and time, MAC addresses etc.
* How to combine various types of ACLs to fine tune access.
* How to configure Squid Authentication. How to verify whether authentication is working properly or not.
* How to setup Transparent Proxy. Setting up transparent proxy involves combining squid and iptables. What are the different settings that needs to be configured. How to access transparent proxy. What are the settings that needs to be made on client systems.
* How to setup Squid Proxy Server Lab. Squid proxy server lab consists of 4 systems. One Linux system with 2 network interface cards will act as proxy server. One NIC will will be used to connect to internet and other will be used to connect to local area network. Remaining 3 systems (2 Linux and 1 Windows) will act as squid proxy clients.
* How to configure proxy server settings in different GUI based browsers.
* How to configure CLI proxy settings.
Who this course is for
Anyone who wants to learn squid proxy server