Genre: eLearning | Language: English + srt | Duration: 21 lectures (1h 46m) | Size: 814 MB
Skills For Next Generation Of Accountants
What you’ll learn:
Students will Learn Python
Students will learn python libraries
Students will learn how to use excel like functionality using Python
Students will learn visualisation using Python
Basic understadning of Python, How to write and run python code and some accounting and finance understanding.
This is the third course in the series of Python for Accountants. In the first two courses, we learn the basics of python; in this course, we will start to see the application of python in real-life accounting and business situations.
The entire course is based on a large sales file so that students will learn through business-related examples.
What we will cover in this Course.
1. We will extend the knowledge of Python Libraries which we learn in previous courses.
2. Various ways to acquire data and how it is efficient in python rather than traditional methods.
3. Course will introduce the two most common Python libraries NumPy and Pandas, which are most relevant to accounting.
4. We will spend more time on Pandas as it takes time to learn
5. We will touch on the underlying belief that Pandas will replace Excel
6. We will learn various functions in Pandas that are similar to Excel
6. Few Mini Projects to see Python in Action
7. Visualisation using Matplotlib package.
1. Calculating Net Present Value of future cash flows
2. Splitting large sales excel files into product excel files.
3. Automating listed investments audit and creating excel work paper.
The files used in the course are shared so you can practice and develop this skill.
Though the course is designed for all levels however some basic understanding of python is required, such as
– Familiarity with code editor / IDE specially Jupyter notebook
– Running a python code
– Understanding of the concept of variables and data types
– Data structures such as List, Dictionaries, Data Frames etc.
– Understanding of Functions and Methods
– Creating your own function
– Understanding of If/else statements and Loops
If you are not comfortable with the above, please develop these basic skills from my two courses
1. Python for Accountants I
2. Python for Accountants II
Both courses are free at the moment.
Who this course is for
Beginner level Python Learner, Accounting Students and Professionals working in various domains in accounting.