Genre: eLearning | Language: English | Size: 550 MB
Photograph the intimacy of people with the minimum of resources and the maximum of creativity and emotion. This is a 40-minutes class of documentary reporter photographer Ro Puebla, discover how to give soul to your portraist with natural light. You will learn my sources of inspiration, and references. We will see the minimum material necessary to confront our project in a safe way, and how to improvise with those elements we have. The preparation of the session from the beginning to the end, How to move in a portrait session, organizing the space, how to work without grounds, highlighting naturalness above all. Establish a deep dialogue between you and the person, act and emotion. We will use my retouching tools and my workflow to make mediocre image a somewhat brilliant . This is a class for amateur photographers and creative enthusiasts who want to acquire new creative tools, lighting, compositing, and photographic post-production techniques to thrill with their portraits.
What you will learn
– Introduction.My work based on emotion. The photographer Ro Puebla, explains the bases of a much more emotional and sensorial type of portrait, based on the intimacy and daily life of people’s experiences. She pours us into these experiences as an excuse to get excited life
– Inspiration, references, where the ideas come from. We will have an idea of the ingredients that have an image, for our style and our own hallmarks.
– Concept, Idea and How to carry it. We will see as a mathematical equation how to get the formula out of our photographic project, taking as reference some of our favorite images.
-Storytelling. We will create our storytelling, why we do what we do and how we tell it. Fundamental tool to transmit with our portraits, from an emotional and not a mental point, because we do not forget that the emotional stay and the mental disappears.
-Decision making. We will take a tour of the most important aesthetic factors that will influence our images and that can be combined to make sense.
– Choose your models, acting. How to choose our smodels, keys to perform a paperless, natural performance and roll play tricks.
– Capture the light. I will explain how to use natural light to transmit intimacy and spontaneity in your portraits, with the light resources of the moment and the locations that have been finding us. We will see examples of some of the lighting schemes that work best.
– Backlighting. We will see a simple exercise as an example of lighting, where one of your images will go from being mediocre to something brilliant.
-How to choose a color palette. We will review all the sources, which are where you extract our color palette. We will compose our own and the one that will define our style.
– Search for angles and final composition. We will compose intuitively, we will see compositions that have never been thought of but that are the basis of the artistic work of the most established photographers. The triangle, the Holy Trinity of composition, among others. Negative spaces.
– Shooting in natural light. You will experience live a real shooting with natural light, where I describe aloud how I direct the person based on the light he receives, as a control of the light source, as a component and control of shadows and lights. How I help you direct your body through movement and actions in the loop, while also controlling the spaces.
– Postproduction. We will see examples of post-production in black and white highlighting the texturing of the image and enhancing the drama, always with a natural touch-up and limiting excess manipulation in the image.
Another example is how to create a double exposure as an analog analysis from our digital Raw. And third and last, I will touch up an image with smoke, such as contrasting by areas to give an intense look to our portrait.