BT12 Super Course 02 Passion, Vitality and Intimacy Integrating Attachment, Differentiation and Neuroscience Ellyn Bader, PhD
Many partners crave intimacy or demand it, yet they fear the involvement that makes intimacy possible. Learn to use attachment theory, differentiation theory and neuroscience principles to lead your couples out of pain. Create sustained change with challenging issues such as infidelity, ongoing hostility, narcissism and pervasive conflict avoidance. Videotapes and clinical case examples will be used throughout the workshop.
- Integrate core principles from attachment theory, differentiation theory and neuroscience into couples therapy.
- Recognize 5 ineffective coping strategies partner’s use and uncover underlying vulnerability.
- Use a 4 step process for rapidly repairing relationship ruptures.
- Review the developmental sequence by which empathy develops.
- Intervene in common communication patterns that invite distance, lies and betrayal.
- Understand the role of the limbic system in inhibiting relationship growth.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*