BT12 Short Course 41 How Culture Impacts Communication Sherri Reynolds, MA, MFT
Participants will identify and analyze culture using 10 dimensions to break through communication barriers. Participants will learn to assess their own and their clients’ cultural styles of communication. Participants will also learn to apply specific techniques to facilitate more effective communication with clients, allowing them to establish lasting trust and develop a deeper relationship with clients from diverse cultures.
- Explain the 10 dimensions of culture and communication.
- Analyze and type their own culture using the 10 dimensions.
- Identify the ways that culture has impacted their communication with their clients in the past.
- Assess using these dimensions on a Culture and Communication Worksheet.
- Apply specific techniques to communicate more effectively with diverse clients.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*